Fifth Annual TE/AE SOS Roundup
October 6-8, 2000 in Birmingham, Alabama
Highlights of the event include:
- Special Guest Speaker Burt Levy. Burt is the well know author of “The Last Open Road” and Montezuma’s Ferrari,” as well as being a feature writer for both Vintage Motorsport and British Car magazines. He will also entertain us with a slide show and host a book signing.
- Private tour of Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum. This museum of classic cars and motorcycles ahs been visited by both Jay Leno and Carroll Shelby.
SCCA Sanctioned Autocross offered to those brave souls who want to exercise their Tigers/Alpines.
- Also car show with classes included: Tiger/Alpine and other Sunbeam and Rootes automobiles.
- Scenic Driving Tour for all ho arrive by Friday afternoon.
- Auction benefiting the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation.
- Hospitality Suite / Parts Room
Headquarters at the Mountain Brook Inn, with special room rates of $89 for double. Mention TE/Ae SOS Roundup for the special. Phone 1-800-523-7771. For more information, please email Ray Reese or call 205-823-3644 or Bob Snow at 205-979-3296.
Please print out a copy (set to print on standard sheet of paper) and send in to Bill & Gloria Evans, 408 E. Hickory Bend Rd, Enterprise, AL 36330-1022. Instructions are on the form. You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to read and download this form.
Please print out a copy (set up on standard sheet of paper).
* October 5 Thursday night Bob and Ray will be at the hotel to meet and greet those who show up early and have dinner together.
* Friday: Hospitality suite and parts room open; shopping for the ladies; zoo for the kids, or scenic driving tour.
* Saturday: Hospitality suite and parts room open; breakfast; car clean up time;
* 10 a.m. – noon: Car Show; Lunch on your own.
* 2-5 p.m.: Barber Museum Tour
* 7 – until: Banquet with guest speaker Burt Levy followed by a book signing and an auction for charity
* Sunday: Brunch buffet; auto cross (since Monday is Columbus Day, some folks may want to stay longer.)