This is tentative, but rest assured, you’ll get an accurate one at registration!
Meanwhile: Find more details about the schedule here
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Arrival and check-in.
Hospitality Room opens at noon.
Friday, September 22
The driving tour/fun rally will take us down the twists and turns of the Blue Ridge Parkway and other scenic roads. We are working on the exact route, but rest assured it will be a memorable driving experience.
The tour/rally will end and we will meet up for lunch at the Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company.
Registration is required but the cost is included in registration.
Or for those more independently minded feel free to roam the highways and byways of the area on your own.
Saturday, September 23
Our Concours event will be the centerpiece of the Saturday activities.
To be held at Ridgeview Park in Waynesboro, VA, a twenty minute drive from the hotel. The area is a large green dotted by shade trees with a covered shelter and picnic tables.
At the conclusion of the Concours judging, we will hold our Annual General Membership Meeting.
After the meeting we will enjoy a picnic catered BBQ from Peck’s BBQ, one of the best BBQ restaurants in the region. (Cost included in registration fee.)
Sunday, September 24
- Autocross: part of a SCCA Blue Ridge Region event held at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona, VA, only three miles from the hotel. (We are still waiting for confirmation of the venue.)
The SCCA charges an entry fee of $40 but in an effort to keep the cost down for attendees, the club will cover half of the entry fee ($20.)
- For those not participating in or observing the autocross, you can choose:
- A wine tasting excursion to the CrossKeys Vineyards, one of the premier wineries in the area. We have arranged for a sampling of several different wines along with some appetizers.
- Tour of Luray Caverns and the Luray Car and Carriage Museum. The drive to Luray takes approximately one hour. (We need at least 20 people to participate.)
- Of course, for those more independently minded, Sunday offers free time to venture out across the area to visit any number of notable tourist attractions such as Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah National Forest, Monticello—the home of Thomas Jefferson, or the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library.
- Sunday evening: annual Awards Banquet at the Holiday Inn. Buffet style with cash bar.
In honor of our 40th Anniversary gathering, our guest speaker will be our own “Tiger Tom” Ehrhart, who will regale us in stories of the club’s founding and tales from past Uniteds.
TAC Inspections: For those who want to get their Tiger inspected, a TAC team will be available. The cost for a TAC inspection is $50. Sign up when you register.
Tech Sessions: Right now we are still working on identifying and scheduling topics of interest to the membership.
Please let us know of any topics that are of particular interest or if you are willing to present a topic.