Click on the images for larger view… but not too much, these are old pictures!
Pictures – Set 1 (below)
- All lined up and ready to go…
- Fabulous 50 was a grrreat stop- & nostalgia plus: a real drive in
- (not a pick up window) with roller skating car hops!
- The Hall of Fame Museum was a favorite stop covering a lifetime of racing history.
- The Children’s Museum brought out the kid in everybody.
- Everywhere we went the welcome sign was displayed.
Pictures – Set 2 (below)
- Katie Kathmann and Linda Smith & prepare for registration at its best (and busiest).
- Even more preparation
- Which one is selling insurance? Neither, Dave Johnson (and daughter) go over registration details with Barry Schonberger.
- Our registrar map “pin pointed” attendees’ origins.
- Part swapping can be invigorating or relaxing (caught you Dave!).
- No, it’s not a pit crew or track spectators …it’s some of our speakers doing their warm up exercises for Tech Session’s Comp Seminar.
Pictures – Set 3
- Brian Boyer’s blue MkII drove in from MD to join the United concours fun.
- Racer’s Row was a favorite among concours viewers.
- Dr. & Mrs. Bruney have an immaculate engine compartment in their Harrington LeMans.
- Gene Boone’s Most Popular and #1 Modified Tiger shows the other side of the Sunbeam coin.
- This Alpine adds an interesting angle to body style on a Sunbeam.
- Teddy Ax and his Sunbeam application of James Bond was certainly a hit.
Pictures – Set 4
- Tigers and more tigers were in Indy, and this one was just about everyone’s favorite–any clues to his/her ID? Aw come on, didn’t anyone get a pew print from this CAT?
- The Ken Bishop family enjoying United X.
- California `Beaming–Dan Walters, Mary Lou & Bernie Zelmanski, Darrell Brunn, Jo &,Keith Queen, Carol Mancini$ Rick McLeod, Tom McDaniels, Margot & Frank Simms, Dennis Mancini and Shawn Mahn made the trip east from CA (picture is minus Shawn).
- Tiger Joe enjoyed his United birthday (and cake).
- Speaking of cake…the official banquet dessert did not last long!
- Mike Smith puts his Hellings crew to work tallying votes.
- El & Dave Lawler were surprised with a 25th anniversary award.
- Joanne & Tom Ehrhart, Mike Smith and Wally Swift are the only ‘Beamers who made it to all ten Uniteds.
Pictures – Set 5
- A much photographed track sign.
- Little people need and want Tigers, too.
- Sunbeams were not the only mode of transportation at this Indy United.
- Bill Miller and his X=race Tiger showing of some track mechanics to Rick McLeod.
- Ladies & gentlemen, start your engines….
- A very wet Sunbeam lineup waited for the water sport, whoops, auto Sport (autocross, of course!).
Pictures – Set 6
- Banquet time–full house (225+).
- John & Katie Kathmann present the Lord Rootes trophy to
- Tom & Kathy Culvert (with son, Jim Culvert and Mike Smith as appreciative observers).
And the First Place Winners–
- Gene Boone – Modified Sunbeam & Most Popular Tiger.
- Scott Woerth – Stock Tiger.
- Joanne Ehrhart – Stock Alpine.
- Ron Heinz – Personalized Tiger.
- Steve Masse – Personalized Alpine.
- Larry Marzano – Comp Tiger
- Bert Szulc – Most Popular Alpine.
Pictures – Set 7
- The track drive was the icing on the cake for just about everyone.
- Dave Johnson takes our friendly Tiger for a Tiger ride on the track.
- Sunbeam fans wait for the tour bus.
- Barry Schonberger sizes up tires for his autocrossing at the Hall of Fame museum.
- General membership meetings always draw an interested group.
- John Kathmann sloshes through the autocross.