Meeting was called to order by President Jim Lindner on September 26, 2020 at 3:05pm
Following Members were present: Tom Calvert, David Reina, Tom Ehrhart, Joe McConlogue, President Jim Linder, Treasurer Rob Harter, and Secretary Kerch McConlogue
Also present was one unknown person called “Owner.”
Complete set of slides for the meeting is available here
Recording of the approximately 27-minute meeting is embedded at the bottom of this report.
|Balance in the treasury as of August 31, 2020||$20,078|
|This reflects dues and other Income||$12,309|
|Newsletter and Admin fees||($12,596)|
|United 39 was cancelled, but deposit refunded||$2,969|
It is expected that over the remaining four months, we’ll spend about $5,500 on then newsletter and we’ll take in about $2500 in dues. Leaving the club about $3000 further down by the end of the year
- Total members as of September 1, 516 in 43 states / 5 provinces / DC & UK
- This includes: 3 Free lifetime memberships
- 12 Courtesy memberships (other clubs and publication)
- 29 Canadian rate
- We offered electronic membership to CATO members thru the end of the year. They have 40 members. 3 are already TEAE members and 7 accepted the offer
Editor and Website Report
- 7 16-page issues
- 5 12-page issues
- 11 Member Spotlights pub
- If you want to participate, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We like around 500 words plus a couple pictures.
Averaged 8076 visits per month between March 1 and August 1
In that time the forum added 31 new topics and 45 replies
Membership was at 543 as of September 15 with activity since the beginning of the year of 362 posts, 3083 comments and 4581 reactions (every time somebody likes a post)
- Official dates: September 13-17, 2021 (5 day event)
- Host Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Independence, MO.
- Planned Invited Guests:Rosemary Smith, Mike Jones, and perhaps Lord Rootes
- All six clubs (CAT, CATO, PTC, STOA, SAOCA & TEAE) have agreed to Cost/Revenue sharing plan
- TEAE will handle registration
- STOA will likely run autocross
Rootes Preservation Class
BOD approved Concours class for UNRESTORED cars. Key Points:
- Open to all models
- Judging for Originality ONLY. Part/component is original or not. Condition not a factor.
- Judging is against a standard…NOT other cars.
- Awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd) are perennial…bumper badge
- Judging sheets not that different…200 points total
- Most knowledgeable judges
- Judging relies significantly on interaction with owners
Revisions to the bylaws were approved by membership electronic vote
- All officers and one Board member position are up for election
- All incumbents volunteered for another term and were nominated during the Board meeting
- Nominations from general membership were solicited during the meeting and in at least 2 previous RootesReviews and will be noted again in October issue
- Ballots will be published November RootesReview
Sources of Revenue
During February meeting the Board approved concept of charging vendors for advertising in Rootes Review and on website. Rates agreed upon during Aug meeting.
A solicitation package has been prepared by Kerch McConlogue who is managing the process. A list of about 30 vendors has been prepared. Five packages have been sent and 2 vendors have signed up.
Research was done by Jim Lindner and Sy Block for a new provider of products with option for shared revenue. No replies were forthcoming and the project is dropped.
- Deep South was eliminated with members in coastal AL, MS and FL panhandle reassigned to North/Central Florida
- Created Lone Star Region for members in Texas and Oklahoma
- Great Plains region was eliminated, and the 5 members were reassigned to Pacific Northwest or Midwest Regions as appropriate
- All affected members notified
- New regional reps were approved by the board so all regions now have reps.
- Lone Star Region: Rob Roy-Keller, TX
- Erie Region: Tom Matowitz-Mentor, OH
- Rocky Mtn Region: Roger Davis-Cottonwood, UT
- Pacific Northwest: Brian Marks-Vancouver, BC
Meeting was adjourned at 3:32pm