Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      russ
      Participant

Greetings to all on the Forum, I don’t get to post too often ……..I was wondering if you could tell me if an MGB Steering Rack is the same as a Tiger Steering rack, in whole, or in part. One has been offered to me (make me an offer) but it is still in the car and condition unknown. I thought if it was the same maybe it would make a nice spare. Should I forget about ?……….. And what would be a resonable $ offer? Many Thanks!
        Russ

Hi Russ!
        It was the MG Midget rack that can be used in a Tiger with the right pieces. Dale’s Restorations sells a kit to do this.

http://www.dalesresto.com/parts.html

As far as I know, the rack used in the Tiger was not used in any other car.
        Eric

russ
        Participant

Thanks Eric, I’ll forget about that deal. I saw a Miget in a salvage yard just a few miles from me…………I’ll go take another look.
          Russ

Needs to be an early MG Midget rack or an early Austin Sprite rack. I forget when the cut-off year is but I think it’s around 1974.

Paul B

russ
          Participant

Thanks Paul, It looks like maybe the Sprite ’58 to ’67 and the Miget ’61 to ’67 shared the same Rack, that would put it in the right time frame for use on the Tiger. I’ll keep looking………….there should be one in an old Salvage Yard somewhere near me…………..just have to keep looking. It would be nice just to have one as a spare.
            Russ

Russ:
            If you don’t come up with one locally, I believe I have one from a 61 Midget that I parted out last summer. Includes inner tie rod assemblies, but not the outer tie rod ends. Cleaning out the garage this weekend 🙄 — I’ll dig for it. Email me direct – thanks.

wayne.reichel@sbcglobal.net

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.