Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard Fritz
      Participant

I am investigating the possibility of having original window stickers made for Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers. Has anyone looked into using the VIN code on their car as a way to find the original place of purchase or the invoiced dealer name where the car was shipped for sale?
        Thank you
        Richard Fritz

Bob and Jean Webb
        Participant

FYI,
          The Rootes Archive has some records of where the cars were sent. I have the certificates for our three Harringtons and our two Alpines. I’ve not thought about getting one for our 69 GT. The Heritage Certificate for the Harringtons show that the cars were sent to Harrington and no records show where they went after the conversions. Our right hand drive LeMans was not given a registration number when the car left the Ryton plant and even though it was an HRO car it shows that it was intended for export. It doesn’t say where it was going. The certificate for my series 4 shows that it was sent to and sold by George Byers in Columbus,Ohio. Our series 5 has no record of where the car was shipped except that it was sent to the U.S. My wife bought it from an owner in California in 1994.

Richard Fritz
          Participant

Bob… Thanks for that information. Do you recall what to look for in the Rootes Archive? I started going through it year by year. I could not find a search feature for the archive so this could be very time-consuming.
            Thanks again
            Rich

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.