Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Well not much more time working and looking to retire. Hoping to see you all at some events.
      I’m in process of rebuilding the motor, going to upgrade some parts in the motor and looks like i I’ll b adding a cage that will cert to 8.50 in the 1/4 mile and I’m looking to get the old girl to run 8:90’s.

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

Well not much more time working and looking to retire.
      ** Hope you can make that work out well!

Hoping to see you all at some events.
      ** That would be great, I’ll look forward to seeing you and hearing some good stories.

I’m in process of rebuilding the motor, going to upgrade some parts in the motor and looks like I’ll be adding a cage that will cert to 8.50 in the 1/4 mile and I’m looking to get the old girl to run 8:90’s.
      ** Good luck with all of that. When you get to that (8.90s), you can be extra sure that "no-one will want to race the old man in the Tiger" (pretty sure those were your words :mrgreen: )

Good to hear the news Jerry! Retirement is great-I highly recommend it. Best thing that has happened to me. Will you be staying out West? Hope you can make it to the United in Ohio this Summer. Eric

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

I’m in process of rebuilding the motor, going to upgrade some parts in the motor and looks like i I’ll b adding a cage that will cert to 8.50 in the 1/4 mile and I’m looking to get the old girl to run 8:90’s.

I don’t think that I’ve ever seen all of the "specifics" on your build.
      … wondering – are you running any kinda "cooling spray" after the turbos? Many of my turbo-Buick buddies swear by the methanol injection… on the GNs (and related cars) the nozzle(s) goes after [downstream of] the intercooler and allows for some serious extra power.

[quote="65sunbeam"]Good to hear the news Jerry! Retirement is great-I highly recommend it. Best thing that has happened to me. Will you be staying out West? Hope you can make it to the United in Ohio this Summer. Eric[/quo…
      te]
      No Eric we will be staying in NM and most likely not make it back to Ohio this yr but will be making some plans for next years events.
      Say hi to the family.

quote Mark1A:

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

I don’t think that I’ve ever seen all of the “specifics” on your build.
      … wondering – are you running any kinda “cooling spray” after the turbos? Many of my turbo-Buick buddies swear by the methanol injection… on the GNs (and related cars) the nozzle(s) goes after [downstream of] the intercooler and allows for some serious extra power.

Mark 1A I have a air to water innercooler in the trunk that I run ice in when racing. I have the tank and pump mounted for Meth injection but haven’t hook it up yet, I will really be looking into hooking it up when i get my new motor back in and I will post up some results when I get on the Dyno.

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

Mark – I have a air to water innercooler in the trunk that I run ice in when racing. I have the tank and pump mounted for Meth injection but haven’t hook it up yet, I will really be looking into hooking it up when i get my new motor back in and I will post up some results when I get on the Dyno.

Sounds like you have all kinds of tricks up your sleeve (or stashed in the trunk :mrgreen: ). The plumbing for your set-up must require quite an extensive schematic 😯
      I thought that I’d heard somewhere along the line that meth injection was "the cheapest 100 hp you can get" [for a Buick anyway]. Of course the ice water set-up is probably "pretty cool", too 🙄
      Good luck with everything, and we’ll look forward to hearing/seeing more as you progress.
      Mark

quote Mark1A:

quote Twin Turbo Tiger:

Mark – I have a air to water innercooler in the trunk that I run ice in when racing. I have the tank and pump mounted for Meth injection but haven’t hook it up yet, I will really be looking into hooking it up when i get my new motor back in and I will post up some results when I get on the Dyno.

Sounds like you have all kinds of tricks up your sleeve (or stashed in the trunk :mrgreen: ). The plumbing for your set-up must require quite an extensive schematic 😯
      I thought that I’d heard somewhere along the line that meth injection was “the cheapest 100 hp you can get” [for a Buick anyway]. Of course the ice water set-up is probably “pretty cool”, too 🙄
      Good luck with everything, and we’ll look forward to hearing/seeing more as you progress.
      Mark

Yea I just call it junk in the trunk, wish I knew how to post vids and pics, if you know how I could send them to you off of my phone and you could post them

Here’s a pic of Jerry’s "junk in the trunk"

Thanks, but I think that i still need a schematic to identify the "gozintas" and the "gozoutas" there in the photo 😕
      Deinitely a work of art there.
      The 2 turbos are under the hood?

No turbos are mounted in the rear just in front of the rear end housing 😀

quote Mark1A:

Thanks, but I think that i still need a schematic to identify the “gozintas” and the “gozoutas” there in the photo 😕
      Deinitely a work of art there.
      The 2 turbos are under the hood?

If you PM your number I’ll send some pics

Well retirement is finally came, well sorta:-) still going to do some refinery shut down work for a little tiger, money.
      Car is in the trailer waiting to go to Albuquerque to fire it up after a year.
      Heading to FL in late January for a couple of moneys and will hit the drag strip in bradenton in March. 😀

Sounds like [some] progress?
      Please keep us posted 🙂

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.