Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Meredith NH and own a 64 IV Series Sunbeam Alpine. I call her Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances TV Show. I love old cars especially British/English cars. I also own a 59 English Ford Anglia a project in process. I drive my Alpine currently. My son did the body work and paint job. I am now working on replacing the seals and rubbers and putting in new carpeting etc. I am always looking for parts such as a rearview mirror right now. I met Stu this weekend at the British Car day in Brookline Mass and hope to get the opportunity to meet others. Beverly

Hi Beverly,

I’ve posted the picture of Hyacinth to the members gallery section of the website.

Again, welcome to the club.

Welcome Beverly!
      You have already met the regional rep for your area and attended a great event with your car. Hope that you can make it to the United this Fall-there will be lots of Sunbeams there and lots of new people to meet too.
      Eric

I hope I can attend. I am going to check into it and try to make it.

Beverly,

Nice looking Alpine. I really like the color scheme… the white stripe really sets it off. Your son is talented.

As you can see we’re a friendly and helpful group. Welcome !!!

Thank you. I have been trying to decide if I should repaint it to the original color which is wedgewood blue. Some think I should…I wish I knew whether I should or not. I guess they are worth more the original color. It was white when i got it but we had this blue as my son is an auto body tech and he just used this until I could get the rest finished and decide what I wanted to do. It will never be original as the hood is louvered. The point is what is the best thing to do for realistic reasons. My son felt the white stripe broke up the car and made it standout. Yes heis talented. He just finished my husband’s 64 nova chevy II black with red ghost flames with a pearl in it. He has painted a 62 chevy for one customer and a 50 Ford. He enjoys working on the classics and his specialty is rust repair. I think he is talented but I am prejudice. Thanks for looking at my car. I really enjoy driving her.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.