Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

In an email Tiger Tom wrote:

Just received call from Jack Swift that his mother (Helen) fell in her kitchen and is in the hospital with a cracked (small) pelvis. She is OK and under pain meds at the moment. Her next few days will be a bit transitory as she will likely transfer from a hospital to a rehab unit. Jack said she would appreciate cards and even a phone call. Jack will get back to me with details soon as he gets them and I’ll forward to all on list.

Tom & Pam Jeffers
      Participant

She is up to phone calls. The number is 301-724-4300 Room 503B. TT said she was her usual cheerful self, quite cognizant and alert even while under pain medication.

how about an address so we can send cards.

According to the 2011 TE/AE roster her address is:

11313 Stephen Lane
      Beltsville, MD 20705-2832

Fred Baum

TT sent this address:

Attn: Helen Swift
      Laurel Regional Hospital
      7300 Van Dusen Road
      Laurel, Maryland 20707

Fred Baum

Card and well wishes sent!

Thanks Tom+Fred

Here’s the latest scoop on Aunt Helen. I have been calling her on a regular basis and find her to be in amazing spirits even though she is in pain. Her recovery is proceeding slowly and methodically through her daily PT routine. She has moved to a facility run by a neighbor of hers so she will feel at home. TT

My mom was transferred to a new rehab & physical therapy facility in Burtonsville,MD. today. She will be there for awhile. She’s located at:

The Sanctuary at Holy Cross,
      3415 Greencastle Rd.
      Burtonsville,MD 20866. phone #
      301 557 1666, Rm 238A.

I’ll keep in touch & thanx for all the well wishes to my mom so far. She really enjoys it. Jack Swift

According to Jack, Aunt Helen was transferred back to her Holy Cross rehab facility. Her mind is sharp as a tack based on Towle’s recent phone con with her. It’s her heart and lungs that are holding her back. Her phone # is 301 557 1663. She remembers everyone and all things Sunbeam. I’m sure she’d appreciate hearing from any of you.

TT

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.