Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello All,

The 2016-17 season of Wheeler Dealer car show on the Velocity channel features a Sunbeam Alpine!

This is a car that lived and was for sale in greater Boston. Mike Brewer and Ed Chyna renew a car with period racing history.

The show is really enjoyable: a very rare racing engine is implied by the Brabham valve cover, yet the head was neither ported nor polished. Watching Ed do this work was fun and instructive, if not very detailed (nor technically tailored to the aluminum head’s metallurgical ‘special needs’).

Not wanting to spoil the episode for you, I won’t go into any further detail.

The show has already aired for the first time, but these shows rotate and repeat. You should be able to see it a couple of times later in the season, and it may even be repeated on Velocity this week, as it’s the first week of release.

Enjoy it, and let me know if you knew the owner or any of the history of the car.

Very Best,

David Kellogg

Mark & Nancy Petri
      Participant

Cool Stuff David. Hope all is well with you.
      One of my friends at work was also telling me about this.
      We have no cable… any idea if this show is available "on line" in any way/

Bob and Jean Webb
      Participant

Mark,
      The show is on youtube.

Mark & Nancy Petri
      Participant

^^^ Thanks, I’ll try to check it out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.