Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m on the verge of purchasing a 2-post lift.
      It will serve 2 main purposes – freeing up a parking spot when used for storage, and for the occasional minor work such as oil changes, tire rotations, wheel/tire changes, etc on our fleet.
      I doubt that it will end up cycling more than once per month on average.
      My options seem to be somewhat limited since I have only 110V power in my pole building, and I need 102" drive-thru clearance.
      This unit seems to be a good deal, and the guys at Best Buy Automotive Equipment have been most helpful:
      http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/aut … -9k-fp.htm
      Can anyone offer any feedback?
      Thanks.

No direct experience with it, but I can say that it is more affordable than the Atlas post lift.

Jim Stone
      Participant

I have always heard that 2-post lifts were bad for storing a car because the suspension hangs down, rather than being supported as it would on a 4-post lift (or the ground). Perhaps someone here can also weigh in on that for you.

Thanks guys.
      my unit was purchased, "revised", and installed last year. It’s been holding the Thunderbird since November with my trailer stored underneath… overall I’m pretty pleased.
      Jim – the whole issue with the suspension "hanging" is something that I’ve just heard about over the last few months [strangely enough], I wiil try to be careful.
      Among my planned uses, storing the trailer up and out of the way was very high up the list, I don’t think that the suspension issue would apply to that?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.