Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

It may be time to get out of the Tiger game for me! Posting here before I post to other outlets.

This is the ‘Bettencourt Tiger’. Acquired and restored by my father in the mid-eighties it has been in the family for over 30 years. A two-page spread can be seen in the June/July 2003 issue of Tiger Tales. Can’t believe that was over 15 years ago.

As I am sure many did when doing their builds a long time ago, some of the original parts were sold to finance updated equipment. The 260 and Toploader we sold back then, replaced by a hi-po 289 build and T5. Some of you may also remember my father developing and selling one of the first kits to transplant in a 5 speed. Let me describe what we have here:

Gone: Orignal 260. Have: 5-bolt 300hp 289 and 5-speed. Original valve covers included
      Original seats are out of car and included. In car now are Recaro replicas
      Original gauges are out of car and included. In car now is a full set of Autometer units
      Have OEM hardtop painted to match.
      Tiger Tom’s quad-shock setup
      15" Panasport Racing wheel with Pirelli tires
      New replica and chromed aluminum air filter housing as well as Tiger finned aluminum housing #12 cast on 6/81
      This Tiger passes MA state inspection with all wipers, washer bottle, lights etc in working order.
      It’s loud. Properly loud. CAT headers with old-school cherry bombs and Borla tips will get you noticed.
      Upgraded to dual master brakes with OEM booster on shelf.
      Chrome period-correct rollbar and 4-point seatbelts. MANY extra pieces and parts including OEM sun visors.
      Restoration pics from the 80’s included. Actually, EVERYTHING is included. So many little things.

Car, spares and reminiscing over an included beer for $42500.

Contact me at Five oh eight, 8 seven 8, 2 two two 8 for text pics or a conversation. Also andybettencourt@hotmail.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.