syblock
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 3071

Re: United XXXVII (37) Sept. 13-17, 2018

Postby syblock » Fri May 25, 2018 8:27 am

Hi Bob
I'll send you all the details by the end of today. Since you're going thru PA, as I did to United 36, you'll be taking I 78 into New Jersey which takes you to the George Washington Bridge. From there, you just go straight on I 95 which is the Cross Bronx Expressway to the exit for the Throggs Neck Bridge. I think that's exit 6B and takes you to the Throggs Neck Bridge. At the end of the bridge, you either can take the Clearview Expressway or the Cross Island Parkway. The only thing you have to know is that trailers are not allowed on Parkways. Therefore you'll take, or really continue on, 295 (the Clearview Expressway) going south to exit 4E which puts you on the Long Island Expressway (I 495) East. Form there you'll be traveling East to the exit for Glen Cove Road (exit 39). The distance on 495 is about 9-10 miles. At the exit, stay in the left 2 lanes and turn left onto Glen Cove Road. You'll take that about 7 miles north to the end of the road, where you'll see a fire house. There you'll turn right onto Glen Cove Ave and go a half mile to Dosoris Lane on your left. Make a left onto Dosoris and go just over a mile to the Mansion at Glen Cove which you'll see on your right.
All of these directions to the hotel are ok for trailers as you'll be in Expressways or regular streets. We may be putting the trailers and/or modern cars, if you don't want to separate them, on a lot a mile from the hotel to avoid the congestion like in Atlanta, but I'll have more on that later.
I hope that gives you a sense of the trip.
Getting over the GW is the biggest pain but tolerable. The time from the Throggs Neck Bridge to the Mansion is about 35-45 minutes.
Regards,
Sy

65beam
Gold
Gold
Membership Number: 981

Postby 65beam » Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks!

syblock
Silver
Silver
Membership Number: 3071

Postby syblock » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 am

I was going to do the directions sooner or later.
Glad to give you the details.
Jim Lindner also wrote up directions to get to the GW Bridge.
Sy

Return to “Rootes United XXXVII”