Congrats to Jim Lindner!

Discuss articles published in the best Rootes Review monthly newsletter.
(See a sample Newsletter.)
Mark1A
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 931

Congrats to Jim Lindner!

Postby Mark1A » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Congratulations to Jim Lindner for his Tiger's "1st Place Senior" award at the AACA Hershey fall meet last month (as noted in the November RR).
I can only imagine the challenges, frustrations, and anxiety that can go into achieving such high honor. Sorry that I could not have been there in-person to support the cause.
Mark
'66 Tiger Mk1a - since 1985 - T.A.C.# 0597
Wally Swift Trophy winner 2002, '05, '08

VaCat33
Silver
Silver

Re: Congrats to Jim Lindner!

Postby VaCat33 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Mark

Just saw your post...thanks for the kind words. Other than the nasty weather, going for the senior award was not as stressful as getting your first (junior) award. This time I was able to focus on those areas where I lost points previously. The biggest item needing attention was replacing the windshield gasket which was dried out and cracked. Since I drive the car quite a bit I also had to get stone ships professionally repaired.

Since the judges are not Sunbeam experts, at my first AACA event I had to explain the whole LAT option thing. They also questioned a couple other items as to their stock configuration. I brought the parts manual and the dealer accessory/LAT option catalogs to explain things. Also told them that within our marque these options are considered stock for concours purposes. They accepted all that and I did not lose any points for that.

Thanks Again.

Jim

Mark1A
Platinum
Platinum
Membership Number: 931

Re: Congrats to Jim Lindner!

Postby Mark1A » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Good to know that the "scrutineering" didn't seem as bad the 2nd time... "Forewarned is forearmed"?
One way or another you have succeeded with a major accomplishment 8)

On one hand it must be very difficult for the judges to be "knowledgeable" about all of the various Marques.
On the other hand I have a buddy who had his car basically "trashed" by the judges - immediately after he had spent Big $$ with a Marque-specialty restoration shop (in this case a brass-era single cylinder Caddy). I doubt that he will ever enter a car in an AACA show again.

Return to “Rootes Review”