Information pertaining to the 2018 United event
syblock
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 3071

Extended Hotel Stay for the United

Postby syblock » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 pm

After a bit of confusion and some frustration, it has been resolved. You can now register your stay at the Mansion at Glen Cove from Sept. 10 through the 20th or anywhere in between at the same price of $139 per night plus tax. This allows you an opportunity to also enjoy many of the sights and activities that New York has to offer. The hotel is a mile from the Glen Cove Long Island commuter railroad that takes you to Penn Station (with one change of trains mid way) and is a 20 drive to Port Washington where there is parking and the trip to Manhattan is non-stop and takes 30 minutes.
Hope to see everyone in September!
Sy

loganjr
Silver
Silver
Membership Number: 1799

Re: Extended Hotel Stay for the United

Postby loganjr » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 am

Hi Sy,
What kind of security will there be for people arriving on Monday prior to the event?
John

syblock
Silver
Silver

Postby syblock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:18 am

Hi John
We will have security for the cars for the time of the meet, probably starting Wednesday. The hotel is in a very residential area and I'm meeting with them this week to discuss several issues, including security. I know the hotel owner is friendly with the police chief and we will have our own designated lot so I hope we can come to some arrangement without having to pay for security for 10 days. I am planning to have both my cars there as well as my Jeep so let me see where my Friday meeting with them goes.
I'll try to keep everything safe!!
Regards,
Sy

syblock
Silver
Silver

Postby syblock » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi John
Just to further the previous post: I did meet with the hotel management yesterday over several issues. Regarding security, I was assured that they have had many high end car club shows over the yrears, including one that they put on themselves this past May with $200K Lambos and Ferraris without a hint of a problem ever and that's with some of the cars staying over 4 days. I know the Porche club president and prior vp and they've had a variety of events at the hotel with no issues. I think we're in a very safe place as you will see when you get here. We also will be able to put the trailers in a different lot to avoid any problems with our cars.
I am working on securing our designated lot starting Monday. I will be at the hotel that day even though I'm not checking in until Wednesday. I plan to meet with them again and I'll be making signs to post at the entrance of the lot that it is reserved for us. Also, there will be very few people at the hotel Monday and Tuesday generally as it is a holiday and they never have meetings or large groups checking in.
Hope that clarifies the issue but I will make sure of the details as I meet with the management further.
Regards,
Sy
PS Let me know if you've made any plans for Monday through Wednesday. Perhaps I can help.

loganjr
Silver
Silver

Postby loganjr » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 am

Hi Sy,
We're doing the 911 Memorial and the Statue of Liberty Tuesday, then maybe drive around the island on Wed.

syblock
Silver
Silver

Postby syblock » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi John
If you'd like fre passes to the Museum of Modern Art, I have 2 which are worth $50. Just let me know and I'll mail them to you this week.
If I can get my membership dues sent in to the Whitney, I might also have passes for that museum as well; it's not far from the 911 Memorial; I just have to find time to write a few checks.
Regards,
Sy

loganjr
Silver
Silver

Postby loganjr » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:12 am

That would be good great Sy, Laurie and I would appreciate it thanks

syblock
Silver
Silver

Postby syblock » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am

I'll send them to your address in the club roster John. The museum is expanding so some of it is under construction, like my Tiger, but there's still a ton of stuff to see.
Sy

Return to “Rootes United XXXVII”