United 36 - Staunton, VA Save the date September 21 - 24, 2017

Information pertaining to the 2017 United.
VaCat33
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes

Re: United 36 - Staunton, VA Save the date September 21 - 24, 2017

Postby VaCat33 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi All

Correction to my previous post...the cutoff date for the early registration fee is 21 AUG 2017. After that date the price increases to $185 single/$285 per couple. It is only two weeks until 21 Aug. Please register now.

We want to order the shirts within the next week so getting an accurate count will really help. An accurate head count will also help us determine the number of trophies we need and allow us to make the final arrangements for the banquet and other meals.

Thanks

Jim

65beam
Gold
Gold
Membership Number: 981

Postby 65beam » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:27 am

Jim,
Haven't seen a response concerning the parts room. Will you have a room available that can be secured? I don't want to bring parts and have to unpack and pack up every day. The parts room has been a part of Uniteds for the 30 something years that I've attended. ????? In our travels to shows and vintage racing in the last couple months I've talked to folks that plan on attending but didn't have their room booked. Do you have any details concerning other hotels so these folks can find a room?

VaCat33
Silver
Silver

Postby VaCat33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:43 am

Bob

The hotel has no other rooms suitable for a parts room. The main doors to the room can likely be secured but the hotel staff will still have access through the the dining room and kitchen. As I mentioned to Eric, I briefed this when We presented this hotel and nobody had a problem. Adding security might be a possibility but that will be costly. We will be looking into security for the parking lot...maybe the hotel will allow the guard to check on the parts room as well. For now that's about it.

As for other hotels, it is not looking good. As our hotel filled up I checked around with several within a short distance and all are totally booked. I really can not offer any options other than to expand their search.

Jim

VaCat33
Silver
Silver

Postby VaCat33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi All

in view of the Holiday Inn being sold out, I just checked some hotel websites for rooms at other hotels. The choices are very few. here is what I have come up with and these hotels only have one or two rooms each.

Motel 6 Staunton
Knights Inn Staunton
Econo Lodge East Staunton

I can not attest to the quality of any of these establishments, so please do your due diligence. Hope this helps those that still want to attend but do not currently have accommodations.

jim

VaCat33
Silver
Silver

Postby VaCat33 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:52 am

Hi All

Less than one week left to take advantage of the United 36 Early Registration and the reduced fees. After 21 Aug 2017 the cost to register will increase by $40.

If you plan to attend and have not registered, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY. This is especially important if you wish to purchase one or more of the United 36 shirts. To ensure we get the shirts in time we must place the order within the next few days. Extra shirts will be in very limited supply.

Thanks

Jim

Return to “Rootes United XXXVI”