Looking for Rapier 3a DH project car

Moderators: jaars, RUSS

44sierra
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Looking for Rapier 3a DH project car

Postby 44sierra » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:19 am

If anyone can help me with leads I would be most grateful. I am in no particular rush, but I am looking to get into a Sunbeam Rapier 3a drophead that is left hand drive. I am interested in any that you know that might be for sale. Must be complete or nearly so, with no very major rust :?:

Wayne Reichel
Silver
Silver

Postby Wayne Reichel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:05 am

May want to view this website, if you haven't yet. Probable link to a seller; mostly across the pond, unfortunately. Club connections are helpful!

http://www.sunbeamrapier.com/

44sierra
Silver
Silver

Postby 44sierra » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:09 pm

Thanks for the research! I had already looked over that website, and came away with two problems: 1) shipping costs to California, and 2) conversion of vehicle from RHD to LHD. It might almost make better sense to have a LHD vehicle shipped from continental Europe. WOW $$$!
I am more interested today in finding one sitting in a barn in Indiana or some similar arrangement. Perhaps even a salvageable one in a wrecking yard somewhere stateside. :?

Wayne Reichel
Silver
Silver

Postby Wayne Reichel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:18 pm

Closest I've seen -- no, it's not a Rapier, but an Alpine is close. And, yes, this bugger needs some work.

And shipping from Europe is far less expensive than you expect. The paper work is the nightmare!

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/car ... 65527.html

44sierra
Silver
Silver

Postby 44sierra » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:05 pm

:D Over the weekend I received a call from a man who has a Rapier series II and who is not to far from my location. Motor's out of the car and needs work etc, and she's not a series 3 nor 3a as I would have liked best, but she's a drophead and in a color scheme I like. Going out to look at it this weekend. I'll keep you posted, and once again so many thanks for all your help :D

Return to “Sunbeam”