Back Safe.

Information pertaining to the United 2010 event. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
Duke
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Back Safe.

Postby Duke » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:25 pm

I just got back to my home about an hour ago. Two days 1627 miles and 28 hours on the road.

I am very proud to say that the 3254 miles I covered to the show and back were without any mechanical issues what so ever. The mosquito at the show does not count. Its amazing that the 44 year old car did so well. The car averaged just over 19 MPG too.

A thanks to all who organized a FANTASTIC event. I had a great time and it is the best show I have ever attended. It was great seeing some old friends and having the opportunity to meet new ones.

Time for a shower and hit the rack. I'll wash the car in the morning.

PS - still dumbfounded that I got first place in Personalized Class......who would have thought.
Duke
B382002037LRXFE

67moon
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 1671

Re: Back Safe.

Postby 67moon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Duke, you’re an inspiration to us all. Receiving the long distance award, placing 3rd in the autocross and 1st in the concourse has never been done, as far as I know! I was just thinking about you on my way home from work today realizing you were still driving!!! Glad to here you made it safely without anymore bugs down the venturi.

Below is a picture my wife (Vonda) shot at the autocross. I believe we can get a copy of the autocross video shot by Scruffy Productions by emailing them at pepin@midmaine.com

Best wishes,
Carl Moon

Carl Moon

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum
Membership Number: 2897

Postby ImpBarn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 pm

glad you made it back with no problems.
we're still on the road poking around Maine and Ny state. It is amazing these cars run so well.
I'm getting 30mpg and the S3 pulls nicely up the mountain roads. Cadillac Mtn didn't phase it at all.
Eric S.

Mark1A
Platinum
Platinum
Membership Number: 931

Postby Mark1A » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

That's great, Duke. Glad you make it back safe.
It was nice to meet you, and to see your [VERY nice] Tiger.
That's quite a drive in a 44-year old car.
Congrats on all of your well-deserved awards!
Mark
'66 Tiger Mk1a - since 1985 - T.A.C.# 0597
Wally Swift Trophy winner 2002, '05, '08

Return to “TE/AE United XXIX Information”