Carlisle Import Show - May 20-22, 2011

This forum simply contains record of old event announcements.
(This forum is locked)
ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 2897

Carlisle Import Show - May 20-22, 2011

Postby ImpBarn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:09 pm

The spring BASH event will be on us before we know it. There has been interest in going back to the Carlisle Import / Kit car show. In past years we've had no problem gathering enough attendance to have our own club tent.

The featured marque of the Rootes Group for this event will be Talbot. All of you Rootes fans bring your Talbots and MK Alpines out and show your appreciation for all things ROOTES !!! We encourage all club affiliations to attend with us; we just want to see as many Rootes Group vehicles as we can in the spring.

Read more about the Talbot name here.
Eric S.

CLEVITE

Re: Bring A Sunbeam Here - May 2011

Postby CLEVITE » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Contact Ray Meade at: raymeade at comcast.net

The Talbot group is thinking of having an event at the Spring Carlisle Import show. Ray seems to be the spearhead for this effort.

F

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum

Postby ImpBarn » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks, Fred. I sent him an email on the subject to get his ideas, and offer our support for this event.
Eric S.

tigertoms
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby tigertoms » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:34 pm

TEAE promoted an extensive Talbot marketing campaign for the 2003 BASH in concert with the support of Bob Hamilton. Bob had amassed a dossier of all known Talbot owners and continues to be focal point of all things Talbot. Bob, in concert with TEAE's Rootes America agenda is exactly the platform needed to help the Talbot owners organize. The UNITED and BASH are the two major events that provide an opportunity. AS noted before, TEAE is the center piece for all Rootes vehicles. Not just Alpine's and Tiger's of the 60's. They just make the most noise. We need to encourage Talbot owners to use the forum and the Website as a center piece for their PR and group communication. It's for their benefit. Why not use the 2011 BASH as a catalyst to further develop the ranks of Talbot owners. BTW, the BASH can be anywhere in Central PA. It can be a single or multi-day independent event or piggy back with an existing event like Import Carlisle. We do need to make some choice soon so we can plan for next year. I'd like to see the Talbot Alpines be the BASH theme again and encourage Ray to help make it happen. It's time to talk about some ideas for execution. As the Central PA Rep, I need to make something happen soon. If someone knows Ray's phone # I'll give him a ring. Or if you read this Ray, call me ,Tom Ehrhart 717-832-1116
TT.......TE/AE #2

CLEVITE

Postby CLEVITE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 am

Maybe we could start incorporating the Talbot-Alpine owners into TE/AE by giving them a spot on the Forum like the stock Tiger or stock Alpine ones.

This might get them to use the forum and learn more about us, plus give them a focal point for their conversations. We would also learn more about them as well.

F

65sunbeam
Chairman
Chairman
Membership Number: 257

Postby 65sunbeam » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 am

Good idea Fred. They do have an active email list and trying to migrate those users to a web based forum might be difficult-like the Tiger mail list users now.
Congrats on receiving the Lord Rootes Trophy too! Eric
"Life is too short to own just one Sunbeam!"
TE/AE #257

SVRon
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No
Membership Number: 0

Postby SVRon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:18 pm

ImpBarn wrote:The spring BASH event will be on us before we know it. There has been interest in going back to the Carlisle Import / Kit car show. In past years we've had no problem gathering enough attendance to have our own club tent.
Read more about the Talbot name here.

So, is there anymore information available, for BASH? I'm a pretty new member and would like to know a bit more about this function. Is it's date firm for the Import/Kit car show? Do y'all get a block of rooms? Is it too early to think about? I don't quite trust my baby to make it to S.C or Minnasota, yet, but Carlisle is only about 2 hrs away and I'm pretty sure she'll make it there and back. At least one Iinquiring mind wants to know :)
Ron
Last edited by SVRon on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum

Postby ImpBarn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:20 pm

CLEVITE wrote:Maybe we could start incorporating the Talbot-Alpine owners into TE/AE by giving them a spot on the Forum like the stock Tiger or stock Alpine ones.

I've made a Rootes By Badge section on the forum, so everyone has their little place. (I hope we can stir up some interest in the Rare Rootes department.)

I think we're certainly confirmed for the Import Show @ Carlisle. I'll ask President Moon tomorrow about any details when I see him.
Eric S.

65beam
Gold
Gold
Membership Number: 981

Postby 65beam » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm

is there a definate date and place for the bash ??????

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Carlisle Import Show - May 20-22, 2011

Postby ImpBarn » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am

Responses from the Talbot owners have been nil. While many Rootes car owners may still attend the Import Show, the spring BASH event will be hosted by another event.
Eric S.

65beam
Gold
Gold
Membership Number: 981

Postby 65beam » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm

has anybody set a definate date and location for the bash ??????????????

CLEVITE

Postby CLEVITE » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Check the next topic down on the forum imdex page. B.A.S.H. will be in York, PA.

Fred Baum

CLEVITE

Postby CLEVITE » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Sorry, I meant to write the next topic on THIS page of the Forum.

F

Return to “Past Events (historical record)”