V6 Conversion Components by DanR

Post information regarding the modification of Alpines.
Tiger2Dan
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 3136

V6 Conversion Components by DanR

Postby Tiger2Dan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Radiator Modification keeps stock top left hose connection, only change bottom right to under the tank at 90 Degree elbow 428.jpg
Misc Components grouped together 20161023_113509.jpg
I have designed and fabricated a full compliment of components for the Ford ('74-78 Mutt II and '83-85 Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 V6) engine into the Sunbeam Alpines mated to the late model Mustang T5's.

Why cut up a quality built header you did not like sticking out the side of the car? Just build a new one was my idea! The prime reason with my "Straight-back" design was the difficulty using the ones that came in the "kit" I bought that "stick-out the sides". Modifying them and trying to route the exhaust piping under the car was the very very difficult.

I Headers run straight-back similar to the Tiger exhaust (not out the side). I "fitted" the headers on three different Alpines (mine) with vary little noted differences. I have "squeezed" mine very tightly for a bit more clearance.

Headers with 2 ½”collector cost is $575.00 "Slip type" collector. Headers with the Ball & Socket end cost is $675.00 THey come with correct Metric 10.9 mm 1.5 thread 25mm lg 12 point heads 12.9 hardness.
Plus shipping.

The various other components/brackets are: Engine mounts; Transmission mount for the T5 to the 4 speed and the BW35 automatic transmission Alpines; Slave cylinder mount; Alternator mount, and Crosslink (A one piece formed rod threaded for tie rod ends); Upper gas pedal rod; Modified Thermostat housing with or without header options; and Pilot shaft adapter.

I plan to offer the components either individually or together. In other words, I will offer the Headers by them selves; the Engine mount brackets by them selves or any combination of my components for the buyers convenience.

E-mail me for pictures and pricing if interested in doing a Conversion or upgrading your Alpine..

DanR

P.S. Also on the SAOCA site
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modified Alpine”