Alpine v6 Conversion

Post information regarding the modification of Alpines.
thad
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby thad » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 am

I am a "newbie" who wants to purchase an Alpine and convert it with the "Jose V6" kit. I have found a possible starting car but can't find anything on where to purchase one of the v6 installation kits. Is this still the best way to upgrade the power or is there a more recent engine combination that people are using? I really liked the kit concept in terms of having all the brackets that I would need. Any guidance on where to find this kit, or a different approach, is appreciated.

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 2897

Re: Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby ImpBarn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:31 am

Reference this earlier post......
http://teae.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131

You can PM or email Jose and find out what he's able to supply.
Eric S.

forum <at> teae.org

Tiger2Dan
Silver
Silver

Alpine v6 Conversion by DanR

Postby Tiger2Dan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:40 pm

I have designed and fabricated components for installing the Ford ('74-78 Mutt II and'83-85 Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 V6) Engine into the Sunbeam Alpines mated to the late model Mustang T5's.

I have recently finished a set of headers that run straight-back similar to the Tiger exhaust (not out the side). After trying to get different custom header shops for more then two years, I did it myself. Didn't like the set I bought in the available "kit" sticking out the side of the car. Also, I have designed various components such as: Engine mounts; transmission mount for the T5 to the 4 speed and the BW35 automatic transmission Alpines; slave cylinder mount; alternator mount and the crosslink ( A piece formed not welded) with tie rod ends; a modified thermostat housing with or without heater option; Pilot shaft adapter; and Gas pedal upper rod.

Found a Fabricator and have made a deal.... Received the first protype last week. Installed on my V6's. The passenger RHD side is perfect fit. Driver's LHD side needs to be tweaked abit. Send back for correction. New one due next week. If right, production begins....

I plan to offer the components either individually or together. In other words I will sell the headers by them selves; the engine mount brackets by them selves or any combination for the buyers convenience.

E-mail me for pictures if interested in doing a Conversion to your Alpine at: Dan Richardson tiger2dan at g mail dot com or call 864-554-0814 EST 8Am -10PM

Thanks for your interest,

DanR
DanR

Love them Sunbeam's - So Keep'em-on-the-Road

Tiger2Dan
Silver
Silver

Re: Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby Tiger2Dan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Here are a few pictures of some of my Conversion Components...

Straight back headers (not sticking out the side).

Engine mounts with large rubber biscuits available from any Auto parts Store....

A picture of a group of components such as the transmission bracket T5 to Alpine; Thermostat modification, Water neck modified for a better and easier radiator connection... and more! Just ask,

DanR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanR

Love them Sunbeam's - So Keep'em-on-the-Road

Return to “Modified Alpine”