Alpine v6 Conversion

Post information regarding the modification of Alpines.
thad
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby thad » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 am

I am a "newbie" who wants to purchase an Alpine and convert it with the "Jose V6" kit. I have found a possible starting car but can't find anything on where to purchase one of the v6 installation kits. Is this still the best way to upgrade the power or is there a more recent engine combination that people are using? I really liked the kit concept in terms of having all the brackets that I would need. Any guidance on where to find this kit, or a different approach, is appreciated.

ImpBarn
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 2897

Re: Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby ImpBarn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:31 am

Reference this earlier post......
http://teae.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131

You can PM or email Jose and find out what he's able to supply.
Eric S.

Tiger2Dan
Silver
Silver
Membership Number: 3136

Alpine v6 Conversion by DanR

Postby Tiger2Dan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:40 pm

I have designed and fabricated components for installing the Ford ('74-78 Mutt II and'83-85 Ranger/Bronco II 2.8 V6) Engine into the Sunbeam Alpines mated to the late model Mustang T5's and/or Automatic C3/4 & A4LD transmissions.

My Headers run straight-back similar to the Tiger exhaust system (not out the side). Didn't like the set I bought in the available "kit" sticking out the side of the car. After trying to get different custom header shops for more then two years, I did it myself, then located a Header Fabrication Shop with my proto-type for production - Nice!

Also, available are: Engine mount brackets; transmission mounts for "both" the Manual 4 speed & BW35 automatic transmission Alpines; slave cylinder mount bracket; alternator mount bracket w/adjustment arm; the crosslink (formed not welded) with tie rod ends; modified thermostat housing with heater option; Gas pedal upper rod; Fuel pump block plate; Pilot shaft adapter; a Modified water neck for the upper radiator connection; and for you Guys or Gals wanting a cool Alpine I have an A/C mounting bracket w/adjustment arm.

Just finalized Electric Power Steering (EPS) for the Alpine. More on that later!

I offer the components either individually or together. In other words I will sell the headers by themselves; the engine mount brackets by them selves or any combination for the buyers convenience.

E-mail me for pictures if interested in doing a Conversion to your Alpine at: Dan Richardson tiger2dan at g mail dot com or call 864-554-0814 EST 8Am -10PM

Thanks for your interest,

DanR
Last edited by Tiger2Dan on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
DanR

Love them Sunbeam's - So Keep'em-on-the-Road

Tiger2Dan
Silver
Silver
Membership Number: 3136

Re: Alpine v6 Conversion

Postby Tiger2Dan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Here are a few pictures of some of my Conversion Components...

Straight back headers (not sticking out the side).

Engine mounts with large rubber biscuits available from any Auto parts Store....

A picture of a group of components such as the transmission bracket T5 to Alpine; Thermostat modification, Water neck modified for a better and easier radiator connection... and more! Just ask,

DanR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanR

Love them Sunbeam's - So Keep'em-on-the-Road

Return to “Modified Alpine”