United XXVIII Alternate Activities for Sunday

Information pertaining to the 2008 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
Jim D'Amelio
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 358

United XXVIII Alternate Activities for Sunday

Postby Jim D'Amelio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 am

For people not interested in going to the Autocross on Sunday, there is a British Car show south of Middleburg, Va. on Rt. 50. It is billed as the Hunt Country Classic Vehicle Show and is sponsored by the MG Car Club Washington D.C. Centre. I believe it is about as far away as the tour to the Smithsonian. The organizers have stated we are more then welcome, but would need three cars preregistered to constitute a class for awards. Wouldn't they be surprised if we showed up in numbers.

http://www.mgcarclubdc.com/hcc/hcc_main.html
Jim D

MKIA & III GT

Winner of the award for coming to the most events without a car

bull30
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby bull30 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:24 am

Joe and I discussed doing a tour on Sunday for those not interested in the Autocross... We could always do a winery tour... I had in mind a Civil War Trail tour... Either is fine with me...
TE/AE #11
2008 Lotus Exige S-240
2008 Lotus Elise California Special
1993 Porsche America Roadster
1986 Porsche Carrera 3.2

2965Bonner
Silver
Silver

autocross

Postby 2965Bonner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 pm

I am new and not sure what autocross is but imagine it is a road race?? I would be interested in a Civil War tour or winery instead. I hope to come. I just have to get things together to be sure I can get there. I went to Ohio and put 210o miles round trip but your invasion is even farther. So I am looking at making her a trailer queen for the first time. She really isn't but I don't know that I want to put 3000 more miles on her so soon. I will see what I come up with. Hope to make it. Bev
bbonner and Hyacinth

65sunbeam
Chairman
Chairman
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 257

Postby 65sunbeam » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:58 am

Hi Bev
It was good to see you and your trusty Alpine at the Invasion! Not many would have made the trip that you did. I looked at the map and our United is about 600 miles from your house-so it is closer than the Invasion was. An autocross is taking your car and weaving around pylons in a large parking lot one car at a time to see who has the fastest time. It is a lot of fun! There will be many other things to see and do so I hope you can attend. Maybe you could follow Robert Jaarsma on the drive down?? Eric
"Life is too short to own just one Sunbeam!"
TE/AE #257

2965Bonner
Silver
Silver

Invasion DC

Postby 2965Bonner » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Eric
Bob is going? I did not realize that. Perhaps we can caravan. I will have to see what his plans are...don't want to be a nuisance as you know I have made longer trips on my own but company is nice. Bev
bbonner and Hyacinth

echan
Silver
Silver

Postby echan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 am

The Capital Driving Club is also holding a fun Rally from Springfield, Va to the Hunt Country Car show. The rally starts at 8 am and takes a route through twisty back-roads and last about 2 hours.

For more information check our www.capitaldrivingclub.com in the "News" Section and in the Forum Section under Rally. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me directly at capitaldriving@yahoo.com.

Ed

Return to “TE/AE United XXVIII Information”