Update 11-11-07 from Rick Kellett

Information pertaining to the 2008 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
parlanti
Silver
Silver

Update 11-11-07 from Rick Kellett

Postby parlanti » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi Guys

Well we have some better news - not out of the woods yet but at least we can see the end of the tree line. Joe and I went up to Fredrick yesterday and met up with the guys from the Capital Driving Club. http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/ The head honcho, a guy called Ed Chan, owns a string of British Classics from the 60's and is really keen to get some British Cars out on their events.They run at two venues both Ballpark Parking lots. One is at Frederick MD the other is Bowie MD. The Frederick one is a little closer but apparently the Bowie venue is better for a number of reasons. The one sticking point is that we cannot finalize a date until the clubs know if they have made the playoffs so we cannot firm up the date.

So our contingency plan is that Montgomery County had offered to help us find a parking lot we could use. So Joe will be approaching them - that would be a win win. We could confirm the date and the Capital Driving Club get a new venue. One final potential issue is that they normally run their timed events on Saturday and do a test and setup on Sunday but we can probably work around that somehow in order to get our timed runs and they will hand over the results to us.

It looks much more promising now I will keep you updated - If all else fails we could do a couple of laps of the Capital Beltway in the small hours. Its 64 miles around. Do you think Clockwise or Anticlockwise would be best?

Rick

cdk84
Silver
Silver

Postby cdk84 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Rick, Hi Joe:

From my experience with Portland in 2000, please make sure in advance, that the parking lot can either a) be delivered void of vehicles and / or b) that we will have the authority to have the vehicles relocated should they be in the way of our intended course. In Maine, a State Trooper came to the lot, and though I had posted messages on the windshields 48 hours before the autocross, he would not allow the vehicles to be moved, even within the same lot. His word was 'final,' if you know what I mean.

Hope this is helpful. Another thing to consider is the presence and location of lamp posts.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance or support in any way: I would be most happy to do so.

Cheers, and Anticlockwise, iyp
David
Fin Fan

CLEVITE

Postby CLEVITE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Joe-

Please send me an email I can use in the newsletter for information about United XXVIII.

Send it to: WHIZZZBANG13@AOL.COM

I beleive the dates are October 10-12, correct?

Thanks

Fred Baum

cdk84
Silver
Silver

Autocross Plans

Postby cdk84 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Auntie Clockwise.

(sounds like true progress despite my silliness)

Happy Nude Year.

Return to “TE/AE United XXVIII Information”