Update 10-25-07

Information pertaining to the 2008 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
parlanti
Silver
Silver

Update 10-25-07

Postby parlanti » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:43 pm

Folks,

Thanks for all of your responses and offers to help. I hope that I was able to respond to each email personally, but if I missed anyone, my apologies. To date, we have over 15 people who have volunteered to help in some capacity.

Here’s an update on some things that I’ve been working on:

I have a meeting next week with a representative of the Montgomery County Conference and Visitors bureau who will be helping us with hotels, concours location, restaurants, autocross location, and advertising.

I have arranged for a really cool afternoon activity at Competizione & Sports Cars in Gaithersburg. http://www.competizionecars.com/ This business is primarily a repair and maintenance facility specializing in contemporary, vintage, and race Ferraris. They have both an engine dyno and chassis dyno. The other bonus is that they maintain and race a couple collections of cars which include Alfa, Lancia, Lamborghini, Maserati, Abarth, and of course Ferrari. There is a nice area where we can have some hospitality during the tour.

Rick Kellett and I scoped out a possibility for the Concours in a newly restored area of Rockville. It’s a street that could be closed off in a neat area with the potential for many public spectators. There are many shops, restaurants, and a brewpub on the street. After my meeting next week and I receive some resulting hotel information, we’ll set a date for a meeting for those who would like to get together. Ideally, I’d like for us to visit a couple of the hotels during that time to get everyone’s opinion. By then we should be able to set the date. That’s all I have for now.

Cheers,

JVP

Return to “TE/AE United XXVIII Information”