United Update and Registration Form

Information pertaining to the 2007 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
Jim D'Amelio
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 358

United Update and Registration Form

Postby Jim D'Amelio » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:17 pm

There is still a lot of planning to be done so we would appreciate your early registration to insure that we can make this a wonderful event for you and your family.

Please use the following link to print the registration form for United XXVII. http://www.teae.org/united_registration.pdf

This United is a historical event in the Sunbeam journey. In 1927 the World Land Speed Record was set in a Sunbeam on Daytone Beach (on March 29, 1927 Henry Segrave of Great Britain driving a Sunbeam reached 203.793 MPH). Now 80 years later we're taking the Sunbeams back to the beach. On Thursday evening, October 4, for the early arrivals we are planning a group outing for anyone that's interested to the Racings North Turn Sports Bar which is on the beach and is located where the beach racers turned south. There are a lot of interesting pictures commemorating the history of beach racing in this restaurant.

October through May is the nicest weather in Florida and our event is scheduled in a very nice resort on the beach. You can enjoy leisurely beach strolls, soak up some rays on the beach or enjoy the resort's heated pool.

The shirts that we're selling to commemorate this United are the high quality, pique knit shirts sold as club regalia with the Tigers East/ Alpines East logo embroidered on the left breast but with the United event information tastefully stitched on the right sleeve. As you've requested the shirts are offered in a variety of colors and the men's shirts are available with or without pockets.

For NASCAR enthusiasts we have a great event planned at Daytone USA. We will be competing in teams in the Pit Crew challenge changing a tire on a retired race car. Acceleration Alley is another exciting activity we're going to be "racing" scale model race cars in a video simulation of the Daytona 500. The Speedway Tours are very informative. The IMAX theatre 3-D movies are really exciting. This should be a memorable activity for participants.

Any railroad buffs driving south to attend the United may want to consider the Auto Train. It will deliver you and your car near Sanford, Florida which is less than an hour's drive to our resort.

We have lots of other activities planned to make this event memorable for everyone. If you have any questions or special requests for the United please let us know. The United XXVII team is working feverishly to make this the best event ever and there have been some terrific Uniteds in the past which makes this a tall order. We're looking forward to your visit to the Sunshine State!

Steve & Carole Halbrook and Team
United XXVII Hosts

Duke
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby Duke » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 am

Can I register as an observer? I am coming to the show to look for a Tiger.

Also looking to bum rides with people because I will be flying in from Kansas if I can make it.

TIA,
Duke

T-GRRR
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby T-GRRR » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:32 pm

I too, am interested in this aspect as we will also be flying in sans Tiger but want to meet, mingle and exchange ideas and information. This will be our first TEAE event. Should I bring pictures?
Bob H
B9470168
My Tiger

jaars
Platinum
Platinum
Membership Number: 1248

Postby jaars » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Bob H,
Certainly bring pictures and stories. The more the better. Even usually a video players is avalable to share tapes.
Robert

pdq67
Gold
Gold
Membership Number: 2782

Postby pdq67 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:05 am

I could use one of the fly-in folks to drive my truck from Jacksonville to the United, about 85 miles. If you are coming Wednesday or real early Thursday and can fly into Jacksonville as cheap as Daytona, it could save you rental car money. I need to get some door prizes, tools and probably some parts to the event and the Sunbeam gets real small real quick.

Also, for anyone driving thru Jacksonville mid-day Thursday, I am planning on taking the scenic route down A1A from Ponte Vedra to Daytona, weather permitting. This is a drive that begs for a top down cruise. It would be even more fun with a caravan of Sunbeams. It takes twice as long to get there this way and that can be a good thing.
Bud Elliott
Jacksonville, FL
'67 MK1A B382001181

Return to “TE/AE United XXVII Information”