Amtrak Auto Train from Virginia to Florida

Information pertaining to the 2007 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.
67moon
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 1671

Amtrak Auto Train from Virginia to Florida

Postby 67moon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Our family is considering taking the Amtrak Auto Train to the United. The cost for the car and two adults is $622 roundtrip!

Amtrak has informed us that they transport many classic and antique automobiles and while you can't drive the car onto the train, you can watch them load it.

The train leaves VA (outside Washington DC) at 4:30 pm and arrives in Sanford (45 minutes from Daytona) at 8:30 am. Dinner and breakfast are included in the fare.

If enough people are interested, we can contact Amtrak about getting everyone seated in the same train car.

Carl & Vonda Moon

PS..See you at the BASH!

Jim E
Silver
Silver
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby Jim E » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:09 am

The car train is a really great idea! I would most likley drive down but the train is a super option.
TE/AE #2484

tigertoms
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: No

Postby tigertoms » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks for pursuing Auto Train idea. Joanne and I should consider it. She is fed up with riding in the Tiger....or at least with me.

Our situation is that we wanted to go down a week or so earlier, do some traveling and end up at the United. We have to work out our schedule first.
TT.......TE/AE #2

Return to “TE/AE United XXVII Information”