Caravan from the North East?

Information pertaining to the 2006 United. If you weren't there to share the fun, make sure you don't miss the next one.

jaars
Platinum
Platinum
Club Member of TEAE?: Yes
Membership Number: 1248

Caravan from the North East?

Postby jaars » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:51 am

Any "Beamers" or other "Rooters" from the North East going to the Mainstrasse? The Davids, Phil, Steves, Stu, Jim, Mark and all the others, what are your plans??
I would be interested to caravan if possible.
(Unfortunately my wife and son have a wedding to attend that weekend.)
Robert

frank mooney
Silver
Silver

Caravan

Postby frank mooney » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:06 pm

My brother and I plan to attend leaving from Westhampton Beach ,NY[when?].Last year for the United we took the Port Jefferson,NY ferry to Bridgeport,CT.for the initial leg to the 1000 Islands[a great event].I'd like to avoid NYC and the Jersey Turnpike[although the latter does have a cars only section in the Northern part].I drove my 66 Series 5 Alpine last year.It ran AOK.I'd like to try the Tiger this year but I'm still weighing the pluses and minuses of each vehicle for this approximately 1000mile each way trip.I'd like to hear more about the caravan.In 1967 I drove the 66 Alpine alone from NYC to Fort Lauderdale straight thru with only cat naps.God protects the young and foolish.In 1964 I drove to California and back in my Series 1 Alpine.The soft top had been destroyed before I began but the tonneau cover and an Army poncho made do.Two wire wheels gave out by the time I made Seattle.I made it back and traded for the Series 5 in 66. frank mooney

Return to “TE/AE United XXVI Information”